Friday, February 19, 2010

Temps for the Teen

In a few hours I will be taking our oldest son to the DMV to get his temporary license. And you know what? I am not worried in the least. I think our son is ready to drive and he will do well on the road. I am glad he wants to drive and have some independence- this is part of the goal in raising our kids, is it not?

I am actually proud of this moment. Here is our 15 year old boy (man/child as we call him, being 6'2" and growing) in whom we trust, taking a big step toward adulthood. If only auto insurance wasn't so expensive, we'd probably celebrate. Maybe when he gets his permanent license.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not nervous about him driving, either. I am nervous about me driving with him. I don't want to overreact... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boy did good! I had him drive around for awhile on our way home. Only one major traffic violation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure he does his share of the duty of shuttling his siblings about town when the time comes.

    Nice work Nate. Now slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won't have to pay extra for his car insurance until he gets his regular license...so celebrate now!

    ReplyDelete