Thursday, February 18, 2010

Random Stuff


Random Thing #1
This is the image of the day. Just thinking of a friend. Enough said.
Random Thing #2
Andrew Garcia is my favorite on American Idol, he is probably the most talented, but I know he will not win. If you don't know who he is or what I mean by talent, you can check him out at this YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5V0iKkfuuA
Random Thing #3
I am looking forward to this: http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20100207/GPG04/2070672/Green-Bay-East-to-present-%5C-Seven-Brides-for-Seven-Brothers%5C- tomorrow night. Dorcas and Ben are played by two we have known since they were 5, and are both very talented "kids".
Random Thing #4
Do you know anyone in NE Wisconsin that has been successful with growing peaches? I notice some that say they can grow in zone 4 and we are technically zone 5, but I am sceptical.
Random Thing #5
Steven Wedgeworth has a good article about the goodness of, well, stuff. This is a constant theme in my preaching, teaching, and life. http://www.credenda.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=164:the-goodness-of-stuff&catid=96:theology&Itemid=122
Random Thing #6
I am a blogging newbie and I will learn how to make these links look a whole lot better very soon.

5 comments:

  1. About the peaches, the extension building has a variety of fruit trees growing in the back, demonstrating how they survive here. I know there are some new peach varieties, but the survivability is not a sure thing. One nasty frost at the wrong time can do them in. But I have eaten them, and they are good. They do all kinds of tricks to keep them safe from critters, like wrap each peach in a ziplock bag! You should come and see in the springtiime1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary Jo! I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If cherries can grow, why not peaches? OK, so the skin on a cherry is waxy while the peach is fuzzy. But I would suppose Door County cherries work in part because the climate is supposedly tempered by the surrounding water (tempered being a relative term here).
    What about dwarf varieties grown using intensive methods, like a modified bell jar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew Garcia is the man. I share your sentiments there Ron.

    Sorry I can't help on the peaches. I'll offer to eat your first one though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Links. When you are typing the blog you can see in your edit tools the word *link.* That's where you can easily show what words your readers will see and where you add the url. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete