Friday, February 12, 2010

On Our Wall

We have two Van Gogh prints that have hung on our walls for the past six or seven years. This one is my favorite and seems apropos to my blog theme. It is called First Steps and pictures a man who was tending his garden pausing to receive his daughter as she takes her first steps. He stopped tending the garden, to tend to his family!

In the next few days, I will post more about the name and purpose of my blog.

I'll give a spacial shout out to any who remember or guess the other Van Gogh print on our wall.

3 comments:

  1. I'm remembering the print with the broad backed knight/angel holding the child. Not coming up with the Van Gogh. Of course, if it's only been up for 6 years, you might have placed it in celebration of our departure.
    But...let me guess. The Potato Eaters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice try, but it is not the Potato Eaters.

    ReplyDelete