Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Titus 2 Wife

Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children... Titus 2:3-4

Today, my wife has her "Cook & Book" time with a group of younger woman. Now to clarify, my wife is NOT old, just older than the group of 20-something women that come and learn some cooking skills and discuss biblical principles of home keeping and husband loving. I am proudly her guinea pig in all this and the husbands of these women have also expressed their gratitude.

Of all the things churches attempt for Christ's Kingdom, I can think of nothing better than just doing what scripture teaches. A "Cook & Book", once a month is not an overwhelming commitment, provides a few hours of good teaching and good times, and an opportunity for the guys to do some bonding time with their kids.

1 comment: